Dell PowerEdge R200
Released March, 2008
The Pros:Compatible with a wide range of Intel processors - allows administrators to customize the server to their needs. Quiet - won't add too much noise to an existing server room. Easy installation - will fit into a 19" 1U rack with little difficulty.
The Cons:Limited to 8GB of memory - might be too little for some applications. Only supports a single processor - no way to scale the CPU beyond single processor upgrades. Limited backup options - lacks an internal drive bay for a Tape Backup Unit.
The Dell PowerEdge R200 is a low-end rack server designed to provide additional performance to users looking for slim and compact server options. More specifically the PowerEdge R200 is designed to maximize datacenter capacity and reduce overall power consumption; Dell claims it is ideal for "network infrastructure or web development applications".
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The Dell PowerEdge R200 boasts a front side bus speed of 1333MHz, and supports Intel Xeon Quad core processors up to 2.66GHz and Intel Xeon Dual Core processors up to 3GHz. The R200 also combines 8GB of DDR2 800MHz memory with support for up to two different 2TB hard drives at a maximum storage space of 4TB total.
The Dell PowerEdge R200 also includes additional features such as SCSI (SAS) drive support, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 pre-loaded operating system, an integrated ATI ES1000 VGA Controller with 32MB memory for graphics, a single 345W power supply, and 2 completely embedded Gigabit NICs adapters for communication.
- Processor Support
- Single Quad-Core Intel Xeon 3300 series
- Single Dual-Core Intel Xeon E3100 series
- Single Quad-Core Intel Xeon 3200 series
- Single Dual-Core Intel Xeon 3000 series
- Single Intel Core 2 Duo E4000 series
- Single Intel Core 2 Duo E7000 series
- Single Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2000 series
- Single Intel Celeron E1000 and 400 series
- Four ECC DDR-2 667/800 SDRAM DIMM sockets for up to 8GB of memory
- Hard Drives:
- 400GB 10K SAS Hard Disk Drives
- 146GB and 300GB 15K SAS Hard Disk Drives
- 500GB, 750GB and 1TB 7.2k Nearline SAS Hard Disk Drives
- 80GB , 160GB , 250GB , 500GB, 750GB and 1.0TB 7.2K SATA Hard Disk Drives
- Drive Bays
- 2 x 3.5" cabled hard drive bays
- (Optional) slim-line Optical Drive
- 2 total I/O slots, choice of riser
- Riser 1: 2 PCI Express x8 slots (one has x4 bandwidth)
- Riser 2: 1 PCI Express slot(x8) and 1 PCI-X 64-bit/133MHz slot
- Drive Controllers
- Embedded SATA
- Optional SAS
- (Optional) RAID Controllers
- Integrated ATI ES1000 VGA Controller with 32MB memory
- Rear: 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x video connector, 1 x serial connector, 1 x PS/2 mouse connector, 1 x PS/2 keyboard connector
- Front: 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x video connector
- Form Factor: 1U Rack
- Height: 1.68" (4.27 cm)
- Width: 17.60" (44.70 cm)
- Depth: 21.50" (54.61 cm)
- Weight: ~ 26.0 lbs. (11.80kg)
User Reviews (1)
compatible with a wide range of Intel processors - allows administrators to customize the server to their needs
quiet - won't add too much noise to an existing server room
easy installation - will fit into a 19" 1U rack with little difficulty
limited to 8GB of memory - might be too little for some applications
only supports a single processor - no way to scale the CPU beyond single processor upgrades
limited backup options - lacks an internal drive bay for a Tape Backup Unit
no AHCI mode for the SATA controller - drives aren't hot pluggable
You may also like...