Dell PowerEdge R805
Released January, 2008
The Cons:Recommended for large-sized businesses and only holds 2 drives? Maybe good for "visualization" but not so good for virtualization.
The Dell PowerEdge R805 is a high performance 2-socket 2U rack server from Dell's PowerEdge rack optimized server series. The server is recommended by Dell for large-sized businesses and remote offices that need high visualization performance.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It offers improved scalability and more memory than previous generation 2-socket 2U servers and utilizes energy efficient components. The standard specifications of the PowerEdge R805 include dual 2.0Ghz AMD Quad Core Opteron processors, 4GB of DIMM memory, and dual 80GB SATA hard drives. It also has an internal SAS RAID controller, four embedded NetXtreme 1GbE network cards, and a SATA DVD-ROM drive.
Most of the specifications of the server can be upgraded or downgraded based on the buyer's needs and additional options such as a removable disk, tape drive, external storage, and visualization offerings are also available. The PowerEdge R805 has four PCI slots and can house 2 hard drives with compatibility for both SAS and SATA drives. The server includes a Dell remote access card allowing for remote management of thesystem and has a Trusted Platform Module to support a variety of security software and features. It has a starting price of $5396 and is covered by a 3 year limited warranty.
- 2 x Quad Core AMD Opteron™ 2350,4x512K Cache,2.0GHz,1Ghz HyperTransport
- 4GB 667MHz (4x1GB), Single Ranked DIMMs, Upgradeable to 128GB
- Internal SAS RAID Controller, 2 Hard Drives in RAID 1 config
- 2 x 80GB 7.2K RPM Serial ATA 3Gbps 2.5-in HotPlug Hard Drive
- Internal SATA DVD-ROM Drive
- 4 x PCI slots
- 4 x Broadcom® NetXtreme II 5708 1GbE Onboard NICs with TOE
- Dell Remote Access Card, 5th Generation for PowerEdge Remote Management
- Optional VMware or Citrix XenServer visualization offerings
- Trusted Platform Module
- Optional Tape Backup and External Storage
- 3 year warranty and support
User Reviews (1)
Recommended for large-sized businesses and only holds 2 drives? Maybe good for "visualization" but not so good for virtualization.
You may also like...