Dell PowerEdge T300
Released January, 2008
The Pros:Ideal for a small company running VMware. Can handle RAM expansion from third party sources, stays stable in most cases. RAID setup is easy to do and can be counted on in case of HD failure.
The Cons:Fans can get loud if the room is warm. Only a single processor slot available.
The Dell PowerEdge T300 is an advanced 1-socket tower server that falls between the PowerEdge T105 and PowerEdge T605 from Dell's PowerEdge tower server series. It is recommended by Dell as a high-performance, fully-featured server for medium to large-sized businesses and remote offices.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The server offers enterprise-class performance, security, and manageability, making it suitable for handling all types of day-to-day IT tasks. The standard specifications of the PowerEdge T300 include a single 1.86Ghz Intel Celeron processor, 1GB of DDR2 DIMM memory, and dual 160GB SATA hard drives. It also has a SATA/SAS controller, embedded dual Gigabit ethernet network adapter, 16x DVD-ROM drive, and an integrated ATI ES1000 graphics card with 32MB of internal memory. Most of the specifications of the server can be upgraded or downgraded based on the buyer's needs and additional options such as a removable disk and tape drive are also available.
The PowerEdge T300 can house up to 4 hard drives and is compatible with both SAS and SATA drives allowing it to potentially provide a total of 4TB of storage. The server offers 5 PCI slots, 4 USB ports and includes a Trusted Platform Module to support a variety of security software. It has a starting price of $2136 and is covered by a 3 year limited warranty.
- Intel® Celeron® Processor 445 at 1.86GHz, 512K Cache, 1066MHz FSB
- 1GB (2x512MB) DDR2 667Mhz DIMM memory, upgradeable to 24GB
- SAS6iR (SATA/SAS Controller) which supports 1-4 Hard Drives
- 2 x 160GB 7.2k RPM Serial ATA 3Gbps 3.5-in Cabled Hard Drives
- Compatible with up to 4TB (4 x 1TB each) Serial-Attached SCSI (SAS) hard drives
- On-Board Dual Gigabit Network Adapter
- 16x DVD-ROM Drive
- 5 PCI slots
- Front Ports: 2 x USB 2.0
- Rear Ports: 2 x Gigabit NIC, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x video, 1 x serial
- Integrated ATI ES1000 VGA Controller with 32MB memory
- Locking metal bezel, chassis intrusion switch and front LCD display
- Trusted Platform Module
- Electronic Documentation and OpenManage CD Kit Included
- Additional option for removable disk and tape drive
- Dimensions: 17.94"H x 8.27"W x 24.01"D
- 3 year limited warranty and support
User Reviews (2)
ideal for a small company running VMware
can handle RAM expansion from third party sources, stays stable in most cases
RAID setup is easy to do and can be counted on in case of HD failure
general operation is very fast, even when being accessed by a number of users
full compatibility with virtualization technologies
fans can get loud if the room is warm
only a single processor slot available
You may also like...