Dell PowerEdge T605
Released January, 2008
The Pros:Enough power for medium-sized businesses. Runs quietly at default configurations. Footprint is moderate, won't take up an excessive amount of space in the server room.
The Cons:When configured with 16 or 32GB of RAM, fan runs loud and constant.
The Dell PowerEdge T605 is an entry level 2-socket tower server and is a step up from the PowerEdge T300 from Dell's PowerEdge tower server series. It is recommended by Dell as an affordable, fully-featured server for medium-sized businesses and remote offices.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The server offers enterprise-class performance, security, and manageability, making it suitable for handling all types of day-to-day IT tasks. The standard specifications of the PowerEdge T605 include a single 2.0Ghz AMD Quad Core Opteron processor, 2GB of DDR2 DIMM memory, and a 73GB SAS hard drive. It also has an internal RAID adapter, PCI-Express expansion, embedded Gigabit ethernet network card, DVD+-RW drive, and an integrated ATI ES1000 graphics card with 16MB of internal SDRAM.
Most of the specifications of the server can be upgraded or downgraded based on the buyer's needs and additional options such as external storage and a removable disk and tape drive are also available. The PowerEdge T605 can house up to 4 hard drives and is compatible with both SAS and SATA drives allowing it to potentially provide a total of 4TB of storage. The server offers a variety of ports including a total of 7 USB ports and includes a Trusted Platform Module to support a variety of security software and features. It has a starting price of $3255 and is covered by a 3 year limited warranty.
- Quad Core AMD Opteron™ 2350, 2.0GHz, 1Ghz HyperTransport
- Optional second processor
- 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 667Mhz DIMM memory, upgradeable to 32GB
- SAS 6iR SAS internal RAID adapter, PCI-Express
- 73GB 15k RPM Serial-Attach SCSI 3Gbps 3.5-in Cabled Hard Drive
- Compatible with up to 6TB (6 x 1TB each) Serial-Attached SCSI (SAS) hard drives
- Embedded Broadcom NetXtreme II 5708 Gigabit Ethernet Network Card
- DVD+/-RW Drive
- Front Ports: 2 x USB 2.0
- Rear Ports: 3 x Gigabit NIC, 5 x USB 2.0, 1 x video, 1 x serial
- Integrated ATI ES1000 controller graphics card with 16MB of SDRAM
- Locking metal bezel, chassis intrusion switch and front LCD display
- Dell OpenManage management suite included
- Trusted Platform Module
- Electronic Documentation and OpenManage DVD Kit Included
- Additional option for removable disk and tape drive
- Additional option for external storage interconnect
- Dimensions: 17.97"H x 10.71"W x 25"D
- 3 year limited warranty and support
User Reviews (1)
enough power for medium-sized businesses
runs quietly at default configurations
footprint is moderate, won't take up an excessive amount of space in the server room
can access the server remotely via web browser, secure connection that lets you work perform basic maintenance tasks
able to take control of the OS and change BIOS settings remotely, never have to physically see it to work with it
durable build quality, with solid metal panels and a chunky front grille
enough expansion options to build in many layers of fault tolerance
when configured with 16 or 32GB of RAM, fan runs loud and constant
You may also like...