HP Integrity rx2660
Released January, 2007
The Pros:Level 1 cache.
The Cons:Level 2 cache.
The HP Integrity rx2660 is an Itanium2-based server designed to function as an affordable platform for application porting, testing, and development. Available in rack or pedestal form factors, the Integrity rx2660 server supports one or two single- or dual-core Intel Itanium 2 processors, a maximum memory of 32GB, up to eight SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) drives, and internal 8-drive storage that can in fact be scaled up to 2.4TB through the use of 300GB drives.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
In addition, the HP Integrity rx2660 comes chockfull of features such as easy management tools, serviceability capabilities, and an option of either 3 PCI-X slots or a PCI-X/Express combo. In regards to operating systems, the Integrity rx2660 server supports HP-UX 11i, OpenVMS, Microsoft Windows Server (Enterprise/Datacenter), and Linux (Red Hat Enterprise, Novell SUSE Enterprise, & AS/ES 4). The HP Integrity rx2660 retails from anywhere between $3,000 to $12,000 depending on the specifics chosen (e.g. RAM, Drives, etc), and comes with a 3 year limited warranty.
- Processor cores: 1–4
- Processor modules: 1-2
- Chipset: HP zx2
- System bus bandwidth: 8.5 GB/s
Supported Dual-Core Processor Modules
- Type: Dual-core Intel® Itanium® processor
- 1.42 GHz/12 MB Dual-core (9120N)
- 1.66 GHz/18 MB Dual-core (9140M)
- Level 1 cache: 32 KB
- Level 2 cache: 1 MB instruction/256 KB data
- Level 3 cache: 12 MB (6 MB per core) and 18 MB (9 MB per core)
Supported Single-Core Processor Modules
- Type: Intel® Itanium® processors 1.6 GHz/12 MB (9110N)
- Level 1 cache: 32 KB
- Level 2 cache: 1MB instruction/256 KB data
- Level 3 cache: 12 MB
- Bus bandwidth: 12.8 GB/s
- RAM type: Chip spare PC2-4200 ECC x4 single rank Registered DDR2 SDRAM
- Capacity: 32 GB
- Memory slots: 8 DIMM slots
- HP-UX 11i v2 and v3 with HP Virtual Server Environment (choice of Mission-Critical, Enterprise, Technical Computing, or Foundation Operating Environment);
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 Datacenter Edition & Enterprise Edition, Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-based systems;
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5 and Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- OpenVMS v8.3 (choice of Mission Critical, Enterprise, or Foundation Operating Environment)
- Internal hard disk drive bays: 8-port Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)
- Disk offerings: 8 Serial Attached SCSI small form factor (SFF) 2.5 inch drives
- Disk offerings: 36 GB, 72 GB, 146 GB & 300 GB
- Maximum storage: 2.4 TB
- Removable media: 1 open bay for DVD-ROM or DVD+RW
- All PCI-X Card Cage: 3 full-length PCI-X slots (2 @ 266 MHz/64-bit, 1 @ 133 MHz/64-bit) for 5.3 GB/s of I/O bandwidth (total bandwidth with core I/O is 7.0 GB/s)
- Combination Card Cage: 3 full-length slots (2 PCI EXPRESS slots @ 2.6 GB/s of bandwidth each, and 1 PCI-X slot @ 133 MHz/64-bit) for a total of 6.3 GB/s of I/O bandwidth (total bandwidth with core I/O is 8.0 GB/s)
- Dual-port 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet, 10/100Base-T LAN for Integrated Lights Out (iLO 2) management, dual-channel Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)
- VGA and 3 USB ports for local human interface; 1 RS-232 serial port for general use; 1 RS-232 serial port
User Reviews (2)
You may also like...