HP ProLiant DL120 G5 Series
Released January, 2008
The Pros:Extra drives fit right in, easy upgrade. Setup is simple, instructions on the CD are detailed and helpful. Performance is consistent from one day to the next, always strong.
The Cons:Comes with a single hard drive, worth ordering a second for a RAID. Instructions don't cover any of the normal augmentations like RAID setup.
HP ProLiant DL120 G5 Series is a new low cost, entry level rack-optimized server. It comes at the lowest end of the HP ProLiant server series. The single processor, 1U server is ideal for single-application IT infrastructure, web and edge-of-network applications.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
This server targets consumers who run modest non web 2.0 websites and who are cost conscience. The DL120 supports Intel® Xeon® processors with Dual-Core and Quad-Core. An array of processors including Intel® Celeron®, Pentium®, Core™2 and Xeon® provide the flexibility to choose the appropriate processor based on application demands and cost.
- Total Processor Support: 1
- Processor: 1 x Intel Xeon 3065 Dual Core 2.33GHz
- Processor Technology: Enhanced SpeedStep Technology
- Bus Speed: 1333MHz
- Chipset: Intel 3200
- Standard Memory: 1GB
- Maximum Memory: 8GB
- Memory Technology: DDR2 SDRAM
- Memory Standard: DDR2-800/PC2-6400
- Hard Drive: 1 x 160GB Serial ATA 7200 rpm Non Hot-swappable
- Maximum Internal Storage Support: 1TB Non Hot-swappable SATA
- Optical Drive: Not Included
- Controller: Serial ATA/300 RAID Controller supporting 0, 1 RAID Level
- Graphics Controller: 32MB Shared DDR2 SDRAM
- Network: NC105i Gigabit Ethernet IEEE 802.3ab
- Ports: 2 x 4-pin Type A USB 2.0 - USB Front
- Case Style: 1U Rack
- Dimensions: 1.69" Height x 17.64" Width x 7.5" Depth - (with bezel), 1.69" Height x 17.64" Width x 7.5" Depth - (with bezel)
- 480572-005: With a Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® Processor X3320 (2.5GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 6MB Level 2 cache, 95W), 2 Hard drives installed, and an Integrated NC105i Gigabit Server Adapter. $959
- 498242-005: With a Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® Processor X3360 (2.83GHz, 12MB Level 2 cache, 1333MHz FSB, 95W), one 250GB Non-hot plug SATA 3.5-inch hard drive, and an Integrated NC105i Gigabit Server Adapter. $999
- 465475-001: With a Dual-Core Intel® Pentium® Processor E2160 (1.80GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB Level 2 cache) , one 160GB 3.5-inch Non-hot plug SATA, and Embedded NC105i Gigabit Server Adapter. Price: $829
- 465476-001: With Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® Processor 3065 (2.33GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Level 2 cache) one 160GB 3.5-inch Non-hot-plug SATA, and Embedded NC105i Gigabit Server Adapter. $929
User Reviews (1)
extra drives fit right in, easy upgrade
setup is simple, instructions on the CD are detailed and helpful
performance is consistent from one day to the next, always strong
fast file serving, can handle heavier loads without a problem
takes up very little room on the rack
comes with a single hard drive, worth ordering a second for a RAID
instructions don't cover any of the normal augmentations like RAID setup
You may also like...