IBM BladeCenter JS12 Express
Released January, 2008
IBM BladeCenter JS12 Express is a server that acts as an alternative to a traditional AIX®, IBM i or Linux rack-mount and tower server. It offers a complete business system with an integrated database and application server.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It comes at the low end of the IBM BlaceCenter server portfolio, and is targeted to small or midsize companies. This machine can easily be integrated with the rest of the servers in the IBM BlaceCenter family, thus offering good flexibility, scalability and manageability. It works especially well with the BladeCenter S server rack. It has the capability to run AIX, IBM or Linux applications concurrently if desired. This machine is an upgrade to traditional rack-mount or tower servers, where commercial applications can be implemented across several operating systems concurrently.
- Form factor: Single-wide blade server for BladeCenter E, BladeCenter S, BladeCenter H, BladeCenter HT, or BladeCenter T chassis
- Processor cores: Two 64-bit 3.8 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration
- Level 2 (L2) cache: 4 MB per processor core; 4-way set associative
- Base offering: 2 GB (2 x 1 GB); Express offering: 4 GB (2 x 2 GB); Up to 64 GB maximum per blade, eight DIMM slots, ECC Chipkill DDR2 SDRAM running at 667 MHz (1, 2, 4 GB DIMMs) 400 MHz (8 GB DIMMs)
- Internal disk storage: Zero to two 73 or 146 GB 2.5" Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) 10K rpm disk drives Integrated RAID-0 or -1 standard on blade server with support for disk mirroring
- Networking: Integrated Virtual Ethernet adapter (IVE) Dual Gigabit and support for optional dual gigabit Ethernet daughter card
- I/O upgrade: Integrated PCI Express connector for high-speed daughter cards, integrated connector for legacy daughter cardsOptional connectivity: 1 Gbps
- Ethernet Expansion Card, 4 Gbps Fibre Channel, 4X InfiniBand®, iSCSI Expansion Card, SAS Expansion Card
- PowerVM Standard Edition (built-in):
- Virtual LAN, POWER Hypervisor™, Micro-Partitioning™, Virtual I/O Server with Integrated Virtualization Manager, Shared Dedicated Capacity, Shared Processor Pool, PowerVM Lx86
- PowerVM Enterprise Edition (optional): All the features of PowerVM Standard Edition plus Live Partition Mobility
User Reviews (0)
You may also like...