IBM BladeCenter JS22 Express
Released January, 2008
The BladeCenter JS22 Express is a premier SMB (Small and Medium Business) server blade for 64-bit applications. It comes at the mid range of the IBM BladeCenter server portfolio. It is for companies that want to consolidate their UNIX, i or Linux servers into a centralized infrastructure.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It also targets business performance applications like smaller database, online transaction processing, and business intelligence. It is also suitable for High Performance Computing workloads such as weather forecasting, seismic processing, molecular dynamics and computational fluid dynamics. Its 4.0 GHz 64-bit POWER6™ processor core available in a 4-core configuration gives it the necessary power for such applications. It can be installed in the same chassis with other BladeCenter LS, HS and JS blade servers, giving businesses more implementation and maintenance flexibility.
- Form factor: Single-wide blade server for BladeCenter S, BladeCenter H, or BladeCenter HT chassis
- Processor cores: Four 64-bit 4.0 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration
- Level 2 (L2) cache: 4 MB per processor core; 4-way set associative
- Memory(std/max): Base offering: 2 GB (2 x 1 GB); Express offering: 4 GB (2 x 2 GB), up to 32 GB maximum per blade, four DIMM slots, ECC Chipkill DDR2 SDRAM running at 667 MHz (1, 2, 4 GB DIMMs) 533 MHz (8 GB DIMMs)
- Internal disk storage: One 73 or 146 GB 2.5" Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) 10K rpm non-hot-swappable disk drive standard on Express offering; No disk drive required on base offering
- Networking: Integrated Virtual Ethernet adapter (IVE) Dual Gigabit and support for optional dual gigabit Ethernet daughter card
- I/O upgrade: IIntegrated PCI Express connector for high-speed daughter cards, integrated connector for legacy daughter cards
- Optical connectivity: 1 Gbps Ethernet Expansion Card, 4 Gbps Fibre Channel, 4X InfiniBand®, SAS Expansion Card
- PowerVM Standard Edition (built-in): Virtual LAN, POWER Hypervisor™, Micro-Partitioning, Virtual I/O Server with Integrated Virtualization Manager, Shared Dedicated Capacity, PowerVM Lx86 (formerly known as System p™ Application Virtual Environment)
- PowerVM Enterprise Edition (optional): All the features of PowerVM Standard Edition plus Live Partition Mobility
User Reviews (0)
You may also like...